Wednesday, July 21

Soak it in.

I had an incredible experience throughout my entire wedding process and have lots of tips that worked for me. Every wedding is different but we can all use advice. Ryan has asked me to make Wednesdays “Wedding Wednesdays” and I think that’s a brilliant idea. So I shall.


If you are recently engaged, then I know that within the last hour you have looked down at your hand just to catch a glimpse of that pretty rock sitting on your finger. So many emotions will flood your veins- and I can promise you that this won’t change until a month or so after the wedding. Soak it in.


I was so worried of how I would handle my nerves on the big day that I often just freaked out- for no reason. On my hour long commutes home from work every day- I started mentally walking through each aspect of the day…what I would eat in the morning, getting my hair done, having my bridesmaids calm me down as we wait for the processional to begin, walking down the aisle, etc etc….I really am not sure how many times I did this in my head. Sometimes it brought me to tears just thinking of how special it will be and sometimes it freaked me out.

The day of the wedding, I was the total opposite of what I had anticipated I would be; calm, cool and collected. It was odd. I would visibly shake every time I put on my dress for fittings, so my bridesmaids were preparing for an anxious bride. I think all the mental preparations really made all the difference. I was able to enjoy and remember every single moment of May 29th, 2010.


So- my advice to all you future brides is to do the same. Mentally prepare and don’t let your focus shift to all the superficial tasks that come with planning a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment