Thursday, July 15

Get your glow on.

So, I come back from my honeymoon with sun poisoning and not much of a tan since it was rather cloudy the whole week- that sounds awful! It was an INCREDIBLE week, and thank goodness it was cloudy most of the week or I would have been stuck in with a rash on Wednesday instead of getting it the day we were leaving. Back to my point- I come back and people are like, “where’s your tan?”

Solution- Body Drench Quick Tan Sunless Tanning Mist (another insanely long overly description product name). I cannot exaggerate how amazingly natural this stuff looks. I come to work the next day after spraying myself (takes 5 minutes, the hubby has to do my back though) and almost every single girl in the office asks me how I got so tan in just one afternoon. I can’t lie. I just can’t- so I send them the link and these directions which I got off an Amazon review and tweaked a little. I gave up tanning beds (for life) after slowly killing myself in them for almost a decade as a promise to my husband after the wedding. While he pretty much hates the smell- he has to appreciate the fact that I am keeping myself out of the sun to keep looking young and out of the dermatologist office. I sprayed 2 days before my wedding- that’s how much I trust this product.

click to buy

1. Shower and exfoliate. Get all the dead skin off or you will have blotches.
2. After showering, pull hair off of face. I use a head band and a pony to keep it off my neck and face. (take off jewelry)
3. Make sure you are completely dry. If water drips on you after you apply the product you will have drip marks.
4. Apply GENEROUS amounts of lotion to your elbows, neck, knees, top toes, in between toes, tops of fingers and in between fingers.
5. Put on a pair of disposable gloves.
6. Lay a towel down on the floor and get back in the shower.
7. Starting with the back of legs and working up, hold the can as far away from your body as possible (12 inches... no less) Make quick back and forth motions up your body until you reach your butt. Quickly do the outsides of your legs. Doing this quickly is the key to no blotches so only go over each area once. It will feel like you aren't really putting hardly anything on.. you don't need to! If you want a darker tan, you can repeat later.
8. Next, do your shoulders then arch your back to reach it. Again, holding can as far from your body as possible.
9. Lift your arms one at a time to do each of your sides.
10. Lift your chin and starting at your neck, go quickly back and forth over the front of your body.
11. You do NOT need to spray the tops of your feet. TRUST me on this! Enough product is landing there on its own.
13. Step out of the shower and onto the towel. If you have any spots you sprayed too much product on, rub it in now.
14. Do face last- spray onto sponge and blend like foundation- I put it on hair line so it blends onto scalp, get under chin as well
15. Take off the gloves and with the lotion still on, hold your hands inside your shower and give them a QUICK one time spray.
16. Rub the lotion off of your hands with the towel.
17. Wait 10 minutes to dress and enjoy your beautiful tan!!
* Do not shower/sweat for 6-8 hours (do before going to bed- doesn’t get on sheets as bad as others)
*Moisturize twice daily to maintain glow - it’ll last 3-4 days very well and you can still see it 6 days later, just not as "glowy"
Please comment on your experiences!

1 comment:

  1. You say your husband hates the smell? Is that just the initial application or does it make your skin smell like that for a while? I really dont want to tan in tanning beds anymore but haven't found a sunless tanner that works very well and all of them i've tried smell so bad they give me a headache! hopefully this is better!

    ReplyDelete