Tuesday, January 11

Time to purge.

Most of y’all reading this are in your mid twenties- and by now you know to dress for your specific body type. There are just certain things you know you can pull off and certain things you know should never enter your wardrobe. For example- I should never do ankle booties or, sadly, pattern tights.  It's beyond not flattering for my figure. My sister and I have the opposite shape- so that means we can't really share as many clothes as we used to in the past because she is a fashion genius and dresses perfectly for her shape. She has a large "chest" (really hate phrasing it that way, but I suppose it’s appropriate) and I have well, a practically nonexistent chest. To balance this, she loves high cut tops with shoulder detailing. I look just awkward in these little numbers. I can get away with super low cut tops with high waisted skirts and not look trashy while Victoria would look like she's trying WAY too hard (when she doesn't have to at all).

Subtlety is sexy.

My bride-to-be friend, Ryan, has made it a new year’s resolution to start wearing what makes her feel sexy. She is super tiny and hasn't been accentuating her best assets. So she purged her closet in order to start over- which inspired me to do the same. It's a good time of the year to purge your closet to get rid of items you haven't touched all season and to get rid of the clothes you know you shouldn’t be wearing. Plato's closet is INSANELY picky but you can make a couple of extra bucks there (I die for the shoes I have found there- and always under $12). Goodwill, of course, is a great option to donate your old clothing and many many people appreciate it more than you know.

Happy 2011 hot mommas (and random dudes that I know read this sometimes lol).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kat! I wanted to let you know that some stores provide personal shoppers, which are sales associates who work mainly just to help customers figure out and put together outfits. I work at Anthropologie and our personal shopper rocks. So if ladies out there need help with putting together a wardrobe or figuring out what is flattering for them, I know Anthro (if in their area) should have a personal shopper on hand!

    They're so convenient and so helpful! Just thought I'd throw that out there!!

    ReplyDelete