Sunday, January 16

Taylor Swift and Kanye West.

I have an oddly eccentric taste in music; I just find it funny that at the moment I am obsessed with two albums from completely different genres with singers that happen to have been last years biggest media scandal. Taylor Swift and Kanye West.

Taylor’s newest album "Speak Now" is awesome.  She wrote the entire album, by herself. That is something rare in today's music industry. I find her lyrics are totally relatable to who I was in high school; very nostalgic.  It’s soothing and fun. Favorite song at the moment is “Better than Revenge” which is apparently about actress Camilla Belle stealing Joe Jonas from her. She’s got balls to call people out like that.  But seriously- how do you go from Joe Jonas to Jake Gyllenhaal. WTF Taylor? She also gives Kanye his own song “Innocent.” I found it quite mature of her to write about forgiveness instead of blame.

Kanye’s newest album “My beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” is marvelous. I really can’t even describe it so you should probably just go to iTunes and make that purchase right now. Pronto.  I can’t decide which song I like best; “Power” (Social Network song) or “All of the Lights” or “Monster” or “Hell of a life” ok…so I think I may just name off every song if I get going.  Last but not least, I love that he featured ballerinas in the “Runway” video. The full length feature film is rather interesting too if you have 30 minutes to spare. Very artsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment