Wednesday, December 8

Wedding Wednesday

I have a FEELING a lot of ladies I know are about to get engaged- which makes me super excited and reminds me that I was supposed to do "Wedding Wednesdays" every now and then.
 
Here is one tip that really helped me out from the beginning to planning to the very end (thank you notes). I made an excel spreadsheet (one of my favorite things on EARTH) to make the guest list. This was a great way to count the number of guests. It helped me organizing them into an A and B list and decide who would ultimately be invited since most of the time you just can't invite everyone you know. This also provided a place to store their address. After invitation was sent, I would indicate it in a column on the spreadsheet and when I received a response back, I would put it in another column. When gifts came in, I would write the gift beside the name of the guest and then when a thank you note went out, I would mark that as well.  The guest list (and seating chart) were the only stressful things I found about wedding planning. Keeping everything organized will really help with it though- here are the columns I used for mine:
 
full guest name
role(bridesmaid, family, hometown friend, college friend etc.-this really helped when it came to the seating chart)
number invited
invitation sent?
rehearsal dinner invite?
guest RSVP
RSVP rehearsal dinner
address
gift
thank you letter sent?
 
Excel can also really help with budgeting wedding expenses (and in everyday life!). If you need some help setting up a spreadsheet please just email me katbeckdesigns@gmail.com and I'd love to get you started.

No comments:

Post a Comment