Monday, December 6

face moisturizers

It seems like everyone has a go-to favorite facial moisturizer- but I like to play around with quite a few different brands.  However, my skin is VERY sensitive so I have to be cautious of what I am putting on my face. One week before my bridal portraits I put a sample lotion from Sephora on top of Cetaphil daily moisturizer. I got contact dermatitis - aka a rash and swollen face for 2 days. The worst part was how TIGHT it made my face- I couldn't make any expressions.

Lesson learned- don't use a new product when you have a photo shoot in a week.

I used Cetaphil daily moisturizer for years. It kept my skin pretty clear but it kind of stung when I put it on. So I switched to Cetaphil's all over cream. I REALLY love this product. It is extremely moisturizing and doesn't clog your pores. I usually combine it with Jergen's Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Daily Moisturizer.  Another favorite is Clinique's Dramatically Different Lotion. This stuff is rather expensive but a really great lotion. Keeps you hydrated all day and doesn't make you look oily. I also occasionally use Aveeno's Positively Radiant daily moisturizer. This may actually be my favorite. It has SPF 15 and brings out our skin's natural radiance with light reflectors.

You should choose a moisturizer based on your skin type. Hydrating your skin will help prevent drying and wrinkles from occurring over time.

2 comments:

  1. I swear by Anthelios SX daily moisturizing cream w/ 15 spf uvb/uba 24 hr protection. This stuff is made by La Roche-Posay, which I believe it a child company of L'Oreal. It is pricey but super worth it! No grease and never forget about burning your face again. One tube lasts you 4-6 months and you can only find it at select CVS pharmacy counters. (on display where you pick up your 'script)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIVE FOR AVEENO PRODUCTS The calming line is GRRRREEAAAT for dry weekend in St Louis skin ;)

    ReplyDelete