Tuesday, October 5

spice it up.

I feel like fall is a good time to revamp your life. The best way to start at that is with the superficial stuff. I mean- who doesn’t feel like a new person after purchasing an entire new wardrobe?  However- this isn't financially the most brilliant thing to do every year. So here are some little things I like to do to spice up my look. 


  • Change up how you do your makeup. Buy a new lipstick and make it your own or try a new way to do your eyes. I like to keep it simple during the day - however, I LOVE color eyeliner on my top lid. It creates a different look without going overboard. Right now I’m using a lot of N.Y.C's super cheap ($4 and under) color eyeliners- in sapphire, teal, and lavender.  
  • Accessorize. A skinny belt over a sweater or loose blouse can transform your outfit. Also- HUGE necklaces are everything right now. They make a plain tee look like you had a stylist in your closet. Also patterned tights. I am scared to try out the ones I purchased (don’t want my legs to look larger) but im just going to go for it.
  • New shoes. Fall is a fabulous time to buy new shoes (especially boots). They can make your outfit look very put together and stylish in a second.
  • Outerwear.  Don’t wear a jacket simply to keep warm. Make it part of your look and incorporate it into what you pick out to wear everyday.
  • Do dark nails. I love dark nails in the fall. This is just my personal opinion.
Here are some non superficial ways I like to refresh in fall. 

  • Sit outside and stare at the trees once a week for at least 30 minutes. Just let your mind go where it wants to go.
  • Start a new book.
  • Turn off the TV and just do something else. Save it for when it's too cold to play.
  • Take a mini fake vaca. Nick, Leslee, Keith and I rented a hotel room in Dallas for a night to go see Citizen Cope. We checked in at 3 and laid on the rooftop pool before having dinner and going to House of Blues. It actually felt like we were out of town and it was a really nice way to feel like we went on vacation.
  • Get back into a workout routine. Endorphins are your BFFs.
  • Spring cleaning needs a follow up by the time autumn arrives. Motivate yourself with some Starbucks and dominate the areas you despise- dust boards, the fridge, the laundry room, that closet. . . 

2 comments:

  1. I bought some patterned tights/leggings too!! I can't wait to wear mine!!

    -K*Rod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love our mini vacays...

    i, too, am nervous to wear my patterned tights. eeekkkks.


    -Les

    ReplyDelete