Monday, August 2

a flawless face.

A flawless face starts with the base. Here are some of my favorite products for the first step in your makeup routine.

Concealer. I prefer Physician’s Formula Concealing Twins. The yellow shade helps to mask under eye circles VERY WELL while the other can be used to cover other imperfections. Always be sure to blend blend blend! This stuff lasts all day. There is also a green/neutral combo perfect for hiding zits and red spots. I recommend just going to Wal Mart or Target and checking out Physician’s Formula section- it’s pricer than you may want, but a concealer that won’t irritate what it is hiding is clutch. Yes I just used clutch.

click to buy.

Foundation. For daily wear I swear by L’Oreal True Match products: liquid foundation, roller- foundation and compact powder. All of these products run around $10 and are remarkable for the price. I have used the liquid foundation for years, and have recently found the roller- foundation (the ad with Kate from Lost sold me!) It’s so easy to apply and there is a shade for every single skin tone. First, match your skin tone (fair, fair light, light, light medium, medium, medium deep, deep). Next, find your undertone (warm, cool, or neutral). There is a foundation for every combination. Matching your undertone enhances your natural glow. Matching your skin tone helps avoid the line around your chin-gross. You can use L’Oreal’s Beauty Filter to find your perfect match.

loreal website.

Powder. If you’re going to splurge, do it here. Powder keeps everything you put on under it in place. You want something that isn’t going to add on too much to your foundation, but will keep you from looking shiny all day.

If you prefer a powder based foundation- I discovered Merle Norman Luxiva Ultra Powder Foundation freshman year of college thanks to Ashleigh! It makes you look flawless.

If you prefer cheap- loreal’s true match line is great but won’t last all day

If you prefer mineral- Bare minerals “Mineral veil” works for all skin tones and keeps you shine free almost all day. I haven’t used their entire line but I know many that do and love how light it feels.

If you have red undertones- I have this problem really bad so I found Clinique Redness Solution Instant Relief Mineral Powder. I put it on my cheeks and nose to get rid of the red tone- I don’t think what I have is rosacea (but this product is PERFECT for it) but it gets bad after eating lunch at work I’ve noticed and after drinking red wine. And y’all know- I love my red wine.

If you want to look flawless, shine free and ready for high definition photography- I die for Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder.It is very every skin tone. I used it on my wedding day and sprinkled some on all my bridesmaid’s lovely faces before heading out to walk down the aisle.


No comments:

Post a Comment