Tuesday, October 11

I bleed orange.

As my mother would say in my college essay to Clemson University “I bleed orange.” [and yes- my mom applied to Clemson for me because I thought I had no chance at getting in since they raised their standards, and to my surprise- I did; it was the best decision my mom ever made for me].

While I was only born and not raised in this amazing southern town, I consider it to be home. It’s where pretty much all of my family graduated from and currently live. I’ve gone to games since I was in the womb. In college I didn’t miss one football game. Nowadays- I look forward to the 2 games I get to attend a year as much as Christmas [when I say games, I mean “tailgating” because my attention span with sports doesn’t really allow me to stay focused on football that long]. It’s all about the atmosphere. This town could take anyone’s breath away on a game day.

For years now, the fraternities make these amazing floats on Bowman field at Homecoming. As a child- they were works of art. As a college girl [drinking a beer and helping “pomp”] it was a party. As a graduate, it made me oh so nostalgic.


Here’s a picture taken in 1992 and one taken this year trying “recreate” the awkwardness. Haha- enjoy!

*side note on the ’92 wardrobe choices.
Mom- you look AWESOME. Loving the leggings and oversized striped turtle neck.
Sissy- the bowl cut was not a good choice (like you had one at 3).
and to myself- my grandmother dressed me and I appreciated every cheesy coordinated outfit she gave me. Don’t hate.


No comments:

Post a Comment