Tuesday, October 25

how it’s made: lady gaga




I don’t think I need to explain that I’m an avid little monster. If you know me/read this blog it’s quite apparent. So- naturally when our department chose the theme “Rock Stars” for Halloween (it’s a big deal around here) I automatically knew it was my chance to be mother monster.



· Purchased the wig from Planet Halloween online.
· Dress- I thrifted from Buffalo Exchange in NYC
· Gloves/ tights / shoes- forever21
· Did drag queen make up with red lips
· My tea cup was the perfect accessory. I collect them. No- I’m not 80 years old.
· Telephone hat- I bought a Styrofoam bell at Michaels (perfection). Then bought a Styrofoam square and balls to make the actual phone part. Painted it black. Held together with toothpicks. Used thick white paper and number stickers to make the dial on the phone. The base that the bell was glued onto was some really weird hat I found in a kid’s bin at Michaels. I used it to glue on the phone so I could then attach to my head with bobby pins (which didn’t really work out as predicted). It was REALLY difficult to keep on and unfortunately the hat fell and broke but luckily right after the costume judging (won best homemade!).







No comments:

Post a Comment