Thursday, June 9

My first dance recital in 3 years.

For me- that’s like a decade; I haven’t gotten nervous like this about performing in probably a decade either.

I’m doing a contemporary dance and hip hop dance. I’ve been very blessed to have two of the best instructors I’ve ever had in my life at Denton Dance Conservatory. Chris Koehl (hip hop instructor) is actually in VEGAS for the finals of So You Think You Can Dance right now. Only 30 contestants left and they are picking a top 20- I am SO anxious to hear the results tonight. Jose Zamora (contemporary instructor) has been so inspirational. I’ve never taken a contemporary class so I’m dancing with a group of 15 year old tweens; they rock though.

Found this old photo in my grandmother’s house when I was home last month. Thought yall would get a kick out of it.



My mom, a little older than I currently am, danced in this recital with me in the “big girls” class. She made me realize that you’re never too old to do what you love.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. i love it kitty kat!!!! you should totally get nick to video record your recital...i would love more than ANYTHING to be able to see you dance!

    i love you!

    isha

    ReplyDelete