Thursday, March 17

Guest post: Kinsey Gray. Inner beauty

When thinking about what to write as a guest blogger, I thought about what I knew and what I loved.  While thinking I should stick with the theme of beauty- I decided to talk more about inner beauty rather than outer beauty.  It is inner beauty that makes a person so unique and beautiful.  With that said, here are my thoughts. 

Inner beauty can often be hard to find in a person.  It's easy for a person to say someone is pretty, but how often can you say they are beautiful on the inside and out.  I can truly say I have met some of the most beautiful people in my life.  They are the ones that deserve to be in "People's Magazines: 50 Most Beautiful People." They are truly beautiful inside and out, and I admire all the special qualities that make them who are they.  These qualities also help shape me into the person I am.  The inner beauty these friends possess come in the craziest, silliest, sweetest, most personal ways that one may not truly understand until they have been given the chance to have such wonderful, endearing friends.  These friends have made such an impact on my life, and I could not imagine who I would be without them.  These people are world changers; they are MY world changers.  They pick me up, bring me back down, drive me crazy, make me happy, make me ME.  These people have qualities and personalities that make them so truly wonderful.  Here's my Top Ten list of what makes someone truly beautiful from the inside out:

1. A friend that knows you so well that they notice from the footprints on the rainbows you are wearing that they are not yours.
2.  A person who you can call in the afternoon and they already know you are upset and frustrated after just hearing you say hello.
3. A friend who warns you about that certain guy and doesn't feel bad after saying I told you so when you pour your heart out about what didn't work out because they know what is best for you.
4. A person who builds your confidence and tells you you look hot even when you are wearing jorts and an airbrush tee.  The one person who appreciates your outgoing sense of style, however ridiculous you may look.
5. A friend that you can call when you need a quick fix- you're upset you dye your hair- you're bored you go get ice cream- you're annoyed you shop online- that person that is always there to rescue you when you need to run away from reality for a bit.
6.  A person that you can be absolutely ridiculous with.  You sing in the car, and share many of your most embarrassing moments because you secretly know they've done the same if not worse.
7. A person you can go without seeing for a while then see them and have one of the funniest, most memorable nights of your life.
8. A friend that never judges, but will question relentlessly because they want the best for you.
9. A person you can share a bottle of "Alice" with and know it's going be an "I don't want to talk about my life right now" kind of night.
10. A friend that makes you a better person, that makes your life complete, that makes you complete.

These things are what make someone beautiful.  Knowing that someone- scratch that- multiple people have impacted your life so much is truly remarkable.  These people, my best friends, show compassion and love each and every day.  They are the most amazing, giving, BEAUTIFUL people I have ever met.  Knowing them has shaped me and I am forever grateful.
meet Kinsey Ann Gray.


time square.



Miami with 3/4 of the Gray girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment