Monday, February 6

Lana Del Rey.






What I find so intriguing about Lana Del Rey [aka Lizzie Grant] is her evocative lyrics and the nostalgia of her just 25 year old voice. Some people absolutely loath the way she sings; I think it’s the best/most unique thing I’ve heard since Regina Spektor. Doesn’t hurt that she’s stunning either (lips real or fake, she’s breathtakingly gorgeous). I discovered her on VEVO (love it). Then I started YouTube-ing all her music since her album wasn’t released; my husband was already OVER my overplaying and her music and her album BORN TO DIE just came out this week. The juxtaposition of dark/dramatic and romantic/hopeful lyrics is so captivating to me. I’m excited to see how she grows as a performer (SNL was not nearly as bad as reviewers made it out to be). People just love to bring people down in the music industry it seems. Why can't we just ENJOY the way a song makes us feel instead of analyzing every line and melody?
Download and tell me what you think.
Pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment