Tuesday, November 1

homemade costumes from Black Swan.


You may recall this post from last year.
Seriously, Black Swan is my all time favorite movie.

It’s just perfection in my mind
(disturbing & beautiful)

Since I work with feathers (check em ouuuut here, great Christmas gifts), and I literally have a TON of feathers and hot glue laying around, I really wanted to make a swan costume.

As did my lovely friend Erin who completely agrees with me about the greatness of Black Swan.

The result: I was the White Swan and she was the Black Swan. I made the feather bodices and feather head pieces for both costumes. We bought tutus and leotards from a local dance store.

Here is a step by step photo guide of the creation experience:



















 I used Velcro to attach the feather bodice to the leotard.

We used my old Pointe shoes from WAY back in the day. 


  I did our makeup to mimic Natalie Portman's in the movie. With a lot more glitter involved.

 I made two of these for the White Swan headpiece and I used a featherband for the Black Swan.




No comments:

Post a Comment