Friday, December 30

New Year, new you?




I really really loved you 2011. It wasn’t an easy breezy year of life by any means; but you taught me a lot about myself and I thank you for that. I made a couple of small changes in my daily life that have brought me to a new level of appreciation for everything around me. Visualizing my goals has pretty much always helped me attain them. So as the New Year is here and resolution time approaches- I have made 3 lists- the first of things I want to maintain, a list of things I want to implement, and list of things I want to change.

The question you have to ask yourself is “do you really want a ‘new you’ this new year?”…or do you want to keep doing what you’re doing. Most of us can always find areas to improve upon, which is how we grow mentally; but dramatic changes don’t necessarily need to be made. Subtle changes can make a huge impact on your perspective. Here’s a sampling of my lists for 2012.

What I want to maintain:
Jazzercising like it’s my job.
Taking mindful walks during work breaks.
Dancing: in my car, in my bathroom, in the studio.


What I want to implement:
Making hot tea after dinner.
Meditating
YOGA! (at home)


What I want to change:
My attitude towards cooking. I want to learn to enjoy what I am creating.
Frequency of phone calls to grandparents. Need to talk to them more.
Using internet as cure to boredom. Pick up a book!


Send me yours and I’ll share (if you want, that is).
Hope you all have a very SAFE and fabulous New Years Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment