Friday, August 19

feng shui [Friday]: color

It’s the weeeeekend blog lovers. Today we are going to discuss the use of COLOR in feng shui, as it is one of the easiest ways to transform a living space and influence your mood.

The colors are categorized by the five elements: fire, earth, metal, water and wood.

FIRE – passion and Energy
A balanced Feng Shui Fire Element in your space will bring a supporting energy in all your career efforts and will help you achieve recognition.

· Red
· Orange
· Purple
· Pink
· Bright Yellow

In my office, the columns in the building are bold red. I think they had a good decorating consultant for sure.




EARTH – nourishment and stability
A strong and harmonious Feng Shui Earth Element in your home will help create stability, nourishment and protection for all your relationships.

· Pale Yellow
· Beige
· various Earthy/Sand Colors

I grew up in a home of various shades of beige. I found it BORING as a child but now I see that it truly did provide nourishment to grow and a sense of stability.




METAL – clarity and preciseness
Feng Shui Metal Element brings the qualities of sharpness, precision, clarity and efficiency; its balanced presence will help you live with clarity and lightness.

· Gray
· White

I am really into gray right now. I want a gray room in my future home for sure.



WATER - EASE, FRESHNESS AND ABUNDANCE
A harmonious Feng Shui Water Element will bring a refreshing energy of calm, ease, purity and freshness. Water is also the ancient symbol of abundance, thus a potent feng shui cure.

· Black
· Blue

I decided to paint our master bedroom a shade of blue (bluish greenish teal) to bring about the aspect of calm. It definitely is a very relaxing space. Since we put an ottoman in there, I can watch movies and I really do love the instant feeling of relaxation the color gives.



WOOD - HEALTH AND VITALITY
Lush and healing, the Feng Shui Wood Element will bring the energy of health, vitality and growth. It is also an expression of abundance, thus an ancient feng shui cure for wealth and prosperity.

· Brown
· Green

I definitely plan on using green in a baby’s room one day; an environment providing health and growth are perfect for little ones.




*thank you about.com for helping me put this into words

No comments:

Post a Comment