Tuesday, August 23

Be the change you wish to see




My body misses yoga but my heart misses dance.



Why do my hobbies have to be SO EXPENSIVE!? Why can’t there be enough time to do jazzercise, dance and yoga in my daily life? At this point in life, I choose dance. I start back classes in a couple of weeks and am PUMPED. I figure- I can dance in my twenties and do yoga forever.

But still- I need yoga. So I came up with a somewhat solution. Yoga at home. After an 8 hour work day and almost hour commute to and from Dallas every day, I have to PUSH myself to get to jazzercise. So I know there is NO way I am going to do some yoga in the afternoons. I’ve set my alarm clock just 15 minutes earlier (5:22 people) and am waking up and doing some sun salutations. It’s only been a week of this new routine but I feel better. I’m not nearly as sore as I usually am from getting my booty kicked in jazzercise.

This all comes down to a little phrase I have always admired but have recently come to comprehend:

Be the change you wish to see.

I know what I wanted to change about my life, so instead of wishing, I am being. My next goal is to start walking more. Sitting ALL DAY LONG is starting to freak me out; especially after my husband showed me this article. Starting today, we are going to take a little walk around the ‘hood after dinner. We’ll see how long this lasts with his insanely busy school schedule starting on Thursday…

No comments:

Post a Comment