Monday, July 25

Master bedroom makeover.




Immediately after returning from our wedding & honeymoon last June, I made over our bedroom into a “master” bedroom with the help of a king sized bed and some paint on the walls. However, since then I haven’t been completely satisfied with the room. What we were lacking was an actual headboard or just some type of décor for above the bed to bring the room together. I wanted to write a pretty quote on the wall but Nicholas and I couldn’t decide on one. I’ve always LOVED the look of trees or the silhouettes of branches painted on walls to personalize a bedroom.



So- on my lunch break last Thursday I sketched the design I’d like.



Then I went to WalMart and purchased 97 cent acrylic paint in “French vanilla” along with a set of small paintbrushes.



That night I put up 2 large, golden frames above the bed and started the outline of the branches. (I’ve been wanted to fill these frames for a year now and just haven’t found anything to do so)



Friday afternoon in about 45 min I finished the painting.



This simple DIY project cost less than $10 and took only an hour to complete all the while totally transforming the look and FEEL of our bedroom.




No comments:

Post a Comment