Here's a typical day in the life of me and my gigantic bottle of coconut oil:
- I rise & shine and get my coconut oil pulling on (use a teaspoon like Listerine) Cleanse your mouth of bacteria and take care of your gums. Make sure to spit it out in the trashcan and rinse out twice with water.
- While oil pulling, I like to gently massage my eyes with a tid bit of coconut oil. Makes them look ALIVE and gets blood flowing in order to decrease puffiness.
- I then occasionally make my warm lemon water with a splash of coconut oil. This helps activate your thyroid gland and energizes you naturally.
- Scrambled eggs with avocado is perhaps my favorite breakfast. It's much healthier AND tastier when cooked in coconut oil instead of butter or olive oil.
- Coconut oil makes the perfect makeup remover!
- When I need to relax my sore muscles I soak in Epsom salt and a handful of coconut oil. When you get out of the tub- your skin feels and smells incredible....and your pets will think you are delicious.
- Shaving is much smoother using coconut oil than shampoo (I'm cheap).
- The perfect pre-bed time moisturizer is...you guessed it! COCONUT OIL. As it may stain some clothing before it soaks in your skin, let it dry before crawling under the covers.
- While I'm dousing my body in the stuff, I go ahead and coat my slightly damp hair in coconut oil for an overnight conditioner. Rinse with shampoo twice, skip the conditioner, and HELLO HEALTHY HAIR!
A note on what kind to purchase: you need ORGANIC! I have used and loved Nature's Way, Nutivia, and Nutrigold.
Here' s a great article my BFF wrote about it too! SHARE THE LOVE!